Monday 27th April 2020
Hello Year 5 & 6,
I hope you have all had a lovely week and have enjoyed getting back into some schoolwork! It was absolutely lovely to hear all your voices again, to hear what you have been up to and most importantly to know you are safe and happy. I can only apologise to those who I rang and they were still in bed, in the middle of their lunches or in the case of one you, enjoying the hot tub!
Roxanne, I believe it is your birthday today (27th April) I hope you have a great day, I can’t wait to hear all about it.
Please see below a little bit of a summary of this week’s activities you will find on the website. Please remember, if it is all abilities, then find a sheet you are comfortable with and have a go, alternatively use this as a rule of thumb;
H – Try the one star sheet first
I & T – The two star sheets
F & A - The three star ones
Please don’t think you can’t do the next sheet up, I want you to if you feel comfortable with it!
Home learning pack to complete this week includes the following:
- English – complete the SPaG mats and then use the stimulus to complete the story.
- Maths – Complete the workbooks
- RE – Complete the reflection on this half-terms Values and Virtues – Eloquent & Truthful
- Reading – ‘Ramadan’ Ramadan starts on the 23rd of April and runs through to the 23rd May, complete the reading comprehension to understand more.
- French – Start of a new unit ‘Les Sports’ find attached a key vocabulary sheet, and two activities to complete.
- Geography – Learning about Brazil and its neighbouring countries
- D & T – I’ve attached some examples of some Fairtrade recipes. This is not compulsory obviously, but our project this half-term was to create our own Fairtrade menu. If you want to do some Fairtrade cooking (you don’t have to use these recipes) then I would love to see some pictures of them!
- Spellings – Homophone Work
- Login to www.lbq.org on a daily basis (code will be sent to you via text) so that you can access the tasks allocated to you.
- Practise some French following this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z39d7ty
- Enjoy some quiet reading time at home.
- Daily workout with Joe Wicks @ 9am
- David Walliams daily audio book @ 11am (on David Walliams’ website)
Remember to stay safe and that you can always email us if you are unsure about any of the work or have forgotten any login details etc.
Take care and God Bless,
Mr. Goodwin & Miss Kealey
PS: Some words from Miss Kealey herself;
Hi boys and girls!!
It’s Miss Kealey here, I asked Mr Goodwin if I could add a little message to this week’s letter.. and for the record, no I did not get that cheese Easter egg, although I’m sure Mr G would have bought me one if we’d been in school.
I’m so glad to hear that you’re all safe and well and have been working hard on the weekly tasks. I’ve enjoyed seeing some of the photographs that have been sent in too. Myself, Eden and Fraser have been working hard at home too, we are all safe and well and have enjoyed spending some lovely family time together. The Easter holidays were filled with time in our garden, scootering, walking, eating chocolatey treats and movie or board game nights. I hope you all had a good break too.
I miss you all very much.. your smiley faces, your silly jokes and your endless energy..
Keep being your lovely selves and I will write again soon.
Take care, keep safe and be good.