Monday 20th April 2020
Hello Year 5 & 6,
I hope you all had a peaceful and Holy Easter weekend and took the time to remember the true meaning of Easter – As well as having lots of chocolate as well. I wonder if Miss Kealey ever got that cheese Easter Egg…
Jack I hope you had a lovely birthday on Sunday and that the weather was a little bit better than it was over my house where it has been windy like you would not believe.
I’m glad to see you are working hard and I’m loving hearing from you; it’s good to see Elody and the Oakley clan are getting creative with some chalk art, that Ryan’s haircut is a lot more functional than mine and that Connie’s mum is taking over my mantle and making sure lots of work is being done!
Please see below a little bit of a summary of this week’s activities you will find on the website. Please remember, if it is all abilities, then find a sheet you are comfortable with and have a go, alternatively use this as a rule of thumb;
H – Try the one star sheet first
I & T – The two star sheets
F & A - The three star ones
Please don’t think you can’t do the next sheet up, I want you to if you feel comfortable with it!
Home learning pack to complete this week includes the following:
- English – complete the SPaG mats and then use the stimulus to complete the story.
- Maths – Complete the workbooks
- RE – ‘The Risen Christ’
- Reading – ‘The Queen’s Birthday Reading Comprehension’ The Queen is 94 on Tuesday, so complete the Reading Comprehension.
- French – ‘Revision of Number’ Colour by Numbers and (Carry out some research on France and complete this fact sheet)
- Geography – Fairtrade Reading Comprehension, followed by work on Where Fairtrade Happens.
- Science – ‘Circulatory System’ – Reading Comprehension
- Login to www.lbq.org on a daily basis (code will be sent to you via text) so that you can access the tasks allocated to you.
I know toward the Easter holidays, some of you were experiencing difficulties in regard to lbq skipping forward and not letting you go back to answer them. The reason it does this is because you have got all of the questions right and it is moving you on to a harder set of questions. It’s basically saying, well you can do it, what is the point in you carrying on with this section, let’s really test you now!
- Practise some French following this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z39d7ty
- Enjoy some quiet reading time at home.
- Daily workout with Joe Wicks @ 9am
- David Walliams daily audio book @ 11am (on David Walliams’ website)
Remember to stay safe and that you can always email us if you are unsure about any of the work or have forgotten any login details etc.
Take care and God Bless,
Mr. Goodwin & Miss Kealey